Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ellie Like Birthday!



Karina and Matthew came over to visit me for my birthday. They're back in Chicago so I'm looking forward to hanging out with them again. I still remember some of the Spanish Karina taught me -- mas, agua... yeah, that's about it.



Fortunately, I have Dora to help me keep my Spanish up. She was the wrapping paper du jour at my b-day dinner with the Goldmans.



As per usual, Bubbie snagged me first.



And, as per usual, I was the center of attention.



Until the food came.



Waiter, waiter. There's a fly in my soup. Oh, that's a wonton?!?



Great-Grandpa Irv (who was one of the first to embrace the computer age) got me my very first computer. Now I can blog by myself. Hope you like everything in third-person!



Aunt Karen's mom, Sheila, joined the festivities. She has grandkids of her own (no thanks to Uncle J and Aunt K!) but none that eat like me.



I may be getting older but opening presents never gets old!



In leiu of birthday cake, I made a wish with a straw in lo mein.



When we got home, I tried on my birthday suit. (JK, I have a sweater on under there, somewhere.)



And then I used my computer to type my very first blog post title.

No comments: