Friday, April 4, 2008

The Cure for the Common Cry



Today I had my first father-daughter dance. Daddy was jamming to some Gov't Mule and it was too loud so I started wailing. Then he scooped me up and we started dancing and, sure enough, all was right in the world. All that changed when he started singing the song Rump Shaker with the first line "Shake it to the left, shake it to the right, I don't mind stickin' it to ya every single night." That seemed a bit inappropriate for a father to be singing to his daughter. Fortunately, he realized the error of his ways and freestyled the rest of the lyrics. And, even more fortunately, mommy had the good sense to cut things short before they got even more out of hand.

4 comments:

Auntie Em said...

That was greatly amusing. I love her face looking over your shoulder - she's so much more alert!

Aaron Goldman said...

I think she was giving mommy the "save me" eyes

auntie em said...

Nah - she loved it.

CJeffCampbell said...

Um, I gave you like 3GB of baby music...and Mule & Wreckx-N-Effect is what she gets!?!